HoneyProxy is a lightweight tool that allows live HTTP(S) traffic inspection and analysis.
It focuses on features that are useful for malware analysis and network forensics.
- Analyze HTTP(S) traffic on the fly
- Filter and highlight traffic, regex support included.
- Report Generation for saved flows, including a live JS editor.
- Save HTTP conversations for later analysis
- Make scripted changes with Python, e.g. remove Cache Header.
- based on and compatible to mitmproxy.
- cross-platform (Windows, OSX and Linux)
- SSL interception certs generated on the fly
Quick StartDownload the latest release or pick a development snapshot.
Install all dependencies:
pip install pyOpenSSL pyasn1 Twisted Autobahn
Windows users: Install the binaries for pyOpenSSL and Twisted manually (or compile yourself).
Ubuntu / Debian users: Install twisted as a package (
sudo apt-get install python-twisted). If you get errors, check this page.
Start HoneyProxy with
python honeyproxy.py --help.
If you don't use a modern browser, a kitten will die. We support both Firefox and Chrome!
Most command line parameters are documented in the mitmproxy docs.