SpiderFoot is a free, open-source footprinting tool, enabling you to perform various scans against a given domain name in order to obtain information such as sub-domains, e-mail addresses, owned netblocks, web server versions and so on. The main objective of SpiderFoot is to automate the footprinting process to the greatest extent possible, freeing up a penetration tester’s time to focus their efforts on the security testing itself.
2.1.0 - Major release
- New Module (sfp_malcheck): Identify whether an IP or domain (target, co-host or affiliate) appears on any malicious domain lists, RBLs, etc.
- New Module (sfp_bingsearch): Bing searches, as well as identifying co-hosted sites on the target's IPs
- New Module (sfp_affilinfo): Obtain information about affiliates
- New Module (sfp_strangeheaders): Identify non-standard HTTP headers
- Module overhaul (sfp_ripe, now sfp_ir): Identifies ISPs / Up-streams, BGP ASs, and much smarter at identifying owned netblocks
- Module overhaul (sfp_searchtld, now sfp_tldsearch): Uses the Mozilla public TLD list for identifying all TLDs.
- UI Enhancement: Option to configure a new scan by results desired in addition to modules
- UI Enhancement: Simple visualizations added
- UI Enhancement: Improved configuration section
- Lots of small tweaks, performance improvements, bug fixes