Azazel is a userland rootkit based off of the original LD_PRELOAD technique from Jynx rootkit. It is more robust and has additional features, and focuses heavily around anti-debugging and anti-detection.
- Avoids unhide, lsof, ps, ldd detection
- Hides files and directories
- Hides remote connections
- Hides processes
- Hides logins
- PCAP hooks avoid local sniffing
- Two accept backdoors with full PTY shells.
- Crypthook encrypted accept() backdoor
- Plaintext accept() backdoor
- PAM backdoor for local privesc and remote entry
- Log cleanup for utmp/wtmp entries based on pty
- Uses xor to obfuscate static strings
As with anything of this nature, it’s recommended you check the source-code/run it in a safe environment etc. But if I have to emphasise stuff like that, this is probably the wrong site for you.