Penetration Testing Data Management can be a nightmware, because well you generate a LOT of data and some information when conducing a penetration test, especially using tools – they return lots of actual and potential vulnerabilitites to review. Port scanners can return thousands of ports for just a few hosts. How easy is it to share all this data with your co-workers?
That’s what Kvasir is here to help you with. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- The latest version of web2py
- A database (PostgreSQL known to work)
- A network vulnerability scanner (Nexpose/Nmap supported)
- Additional python libraries
- Kvasir is a web2py application and can be installed for each customer or task.
At current release, Kvasir directly supports the following tools:
- Rapid7 Nexpose Vulnerability Scanner
- Nmap Security Scanner
- Metasploit Pro (limited support for Express/Framework data)
- ImmunitySec CANVAS
- Foofus Medusa
- John The Ripper
This design keeps data separated and from you accidentally attacking or reviewing other customers.
This tool was developed primarily for the Cisco Systems Advanced Services Security Posture Assessment (SPA) team. While not every method used by the SPA team may directly relate we hope that this tool is something that can be molded and adapted to fit almost any working scenario.