A very fast network logon cracker which support many different services.
See feature sets and services coverage page - incl. a speed comparison against ncrack and medusa.Number one of the biggest security holes are passwords, as every password security study shows.
This tool is a proof of concept code, to give researchers and security consultants the possiblity to show how easy it would be to gain unauthorized access from remote to a system.
There are already several login hacker tools available, however none does either support more than one protocol to attack or support parallized connects.
It was tested to compile cleanly on Linux, Windows/Cygwin, Solaris, FreeBSD/OpenBSD, QNX (Blackberry 10) and OSX.
Currently this tool supports the following protocols:
Asterisk, AFP, Cisco AAA, Cisco auth, Cisco enable, CVS, Firebird, FTP, HTTP-FORM-GET, HTTP-FORM-POST, HTTP-GET, HTTP-HEAD, HTTP-PROXY, HTTPS-FORM-GET, HTTPS-FORM-POST, HTTPS-GET, HTTPS-HEAD, HTTP-Proxy, ICQ, IMAP, IRC, LDAP, MS-SQL, MYSQL, NCP, NNTP, Oracle Listener, Oracle SID, Oracle, PC-Anywhere, PCNFS, POP3, POSTGRES, RDP, Rexec, Rlogin, Rsh, SAP/R3, SIP, SMB, SMTP, SMTP Enum, SNMP v1+v2+v3, SOCKS5, SSH (v1 and v2), SSHKEY, Subversion, Teamspeak (TS2), Telnet, VMware-Auth, VNC and XMPP.
Changelog for hydra
! Development moved to a public github repository: https://github.com/vanhauser-thc/thc-hydra
* Added module for redis (submitted by Alejandro Ramos, thanks!)
* Added patch which adds Unicode support for the SMB module (thanks to Max Kosmach)
* Added initial interactive password authentication test for ssh (thanks to Joshua Houghton)
* Added patch for xhydra that adds bruteforce generator to the GUI (thanks to Petar Kaleychev)
* Target on the command line can now be a CIDR definition, e.g. 192.168.0.0/24
* with -M , you can now specify a port for each entry (use "target:port" per line)
* Verified that hydra compiles cleanly on QNX / Blackberry 10 :-)
* Bugfixes for -x option:
- password tries were lost when connection errors happened (thanks to Vineet Kumar for reporting)
- fixed crash when used together with -e option
* Fixed a bug that hydra would not compile without libssh (introduced in v7.6)
* Various bugfixes if many targets where attacked in parallel
* Cygwin's Postgresql is working again, hence configure detection re-enabled
* Added gcc compilation security options (if detected to be supported by configure script)
* Enhancements to the secure compilation options
* Checked code with cppcheck and fixed some minor issues.
* Checked code with Coverity. Fixed a lot of small and medium issues.
Brute-force Cracker Cracking Hydra Hydra Network Logon Cracker Linux Logon Cracker Mac Solaris THC Hydra THC-Hydra Windows