wifite, a Python script for auditing wireless networks.
- Lots of files instead of "one big script".
- Cleaner process management -- No longer leaves processes running in the background.
- UX: Target access points are refreshed every second instead of every 5 seconds.
- UX: Displays realtime Power level (in db) of currently-attacked target
What's not new?
- Backwards compatibility with the original
- Same text-based interface everyone knows and loves.
Full Feature List
- Reaver Pixie-Dust attack (
- Reaver WPS PIN attack (
- WPA handshake capture (
- Validates handshakes against
- Various WEP attacks (replay, chopchop, fragment, etc)
- 5Ghz support for wireless cards that support 5ghz (use
- Stores cracked passwords and handshakes to the current directory, with metadata about the access point (via
- Decloaks hidden access points when channel is fixed (use
- Provides commands to crack captured WPA handshakes (via
Wifite2 is designed entirely for the latest version of Kali Rolling release (tested on Kali 2016.2, updated May 2017).
This means only the latest versions of these programs are supported: Aircrack-ng suite, wash, reaver, tshark, cowpatty.
Other pen-testing distributions (such as BackBox) have outdated versions of these suites; these distributions are not supported.
Installing & Running
git clone https://github.com/derv82/wifite2.git
Decloaking & cracking a hidden access point (via the WPA Handshake attack):
Cracking a weak WEP password (using the WEP Replay attack):
Various cracking options (using