Number of known shells: 604
PHP 5.x, OpenSSL (only for secure file submission)
To activate Web Shell Detector:
- Upload shelldetect.php and shelldetect.db to your root directory
- Open shelldetect.php file in your browser
- Use default username & password
Username: admin Password: protect
- Inspect all strange files, if some of files look suspicious, send them to http://www.shelldetector.com team. After submitting your file, it will be inspected and if there are any threats, it will be inserted into a “web shell detector” web shells signature database.
- If any web shells found and identified use your ftp/ssh client to remove it from your web server (IMPORTANT: please be careful because some of shells may be integrated into system files!).
- extension - extensions that should be scanned
- showlinenumbers - show line number where suspicious function used
- dateformat - used with access time & modified time
- langauge - if I want to use other language
- directory - scan specific directory
- task - perform different task
- report_format - used with is_cron(true) file format for report file
- is_cron - if true run like a cron(no output)
- filelimit - maximum files to scan (more then 30000 you should scan specific directory)
- useget - activate _GET variable for easy way to recive tasks
- authentication - protect script with user & password in case to disable simply set to NULL
- remotefingerprint - get shells signatures db by remote
- 1.66 thanks to John Thornton for small tweeks and php 5.3.3 support
- 1.64 settings ini file support added(in case that you want to use same settings without code changing), output method rewriten, is_cron fixed, italian translation added (thanks to Marco Saiu)
- 1.63 new shell recognize mechanizm added, shell signatures updated.
- 1.62 version of jquery reverted to 1.7.x due bug with jquery ui dialog, new type of files added, shells signatures updated
- 1.61 added new way to send suspicious files, some css & code fixes, new shells signatures added
- 1.6 added support to indicate not shell files (but still those files need to be removed), loader indicator added
- 1.52 noindex meta tag added (to remove script from search results), scann all files options added: extension = *
- 1.51 unpack function update
- 1.5 unpack function added, application version check added, many warnings fixed, error handler fixed.
- 1.4 hide suspicious files option added, file scanning changed.
- 1.3 submission of suspicious file to shelldetector.com changed, email field added with ability to get notify about suspicious file.
- 1.2 encryption function added, authentication added, some small bugs fixed
- 1.1 fingerprint function change show line regex changed
- 1.0 first version