Small IoT (Internet of Things) to notify users via Twitter, whenever someone accesses their laptop. This application uses the touchpad/mouse/wireless mouse to determine activity and is developed in Python and tested on Linux.
The purpose of this application is to warn the user (via various communication mechanisms) whenever their laptop accessed. This small application was developed and tested in python in Linux machine is likely to work well on the Raspberry Pi as well.
It was written to be used by anyone who is interested in Security IOT (Internet of Things) and still needs further development.
How it functions:
- Keep track of the movement of the mouse/touchpad
- Detect who access the laptop with mouse/touchpad is installed
- Send warning messages on Twitter
To alert the user via Twitter, whenever his/her laptop had been accessed by someone. And also it can be used to monitor your system
I. HARDWARE :
- Linux OS / Raspberry Pi - have
sudoaccess on the terminal/console
- Mouse / Wireless Mouse / Touchpad congenital laptop
- The Twitter application is already installed on the Mobile phones (Optional)
- Python - https://www.python.org/ (
sudo apt-get install python)
- Angular - https://angular.io/
- A Twitter account - https://twitter.com
- Mobile phones a previously-installed Twitter application (Optional)
Procedure Installation :
- Python and python-setuptools must be installed. (If not already installed:
sudo apt-get install python python-setuptools)
- Download/Clone repository from: https://github.com/OWASP/SecureTea-Project.git
git clone https://github.com/OWASP/SecureTea-Project.git
- Install SecureTea package:
python setup.py install
- Install python dependencies/ requirements
pip install -r requirements.txt
- Open the "securetea.conf" in your home directory (~/.securetea/securetea.conf) with a text editor and edit the following variables :
- Optionally in "securetea.conf" You can set debug =
trueto enable the console log (default: enabled). or
set debug = falseto disable logging to console.
- Install Mouse / Wireless Mouse Touchpad if not functioning properly (Linux / macOS / Raspberry Pi machine).
- Okay, Run program ->
sudo SecureTea.pyor more ->
- Notice a
[Core] [ 2018-08-30 16:50 ] Info : Welcome to SecureTea..!! Initializing System
- laptop access by moving the mouse/touchpad to see the cumulative X and Y coordinates on the console. If you have a twitter app installed on your phone, you can get updates on the "message" from your twitter account.
- Checks Alert message on the console and on twitter your inbox.
[Core] [ 2018-08-30 16:50 ] Warn : (3) : Someone has access your laptop when
- If you want to monitor your system from a webapp,
- Click new tab terminal and type ->
sudo python monitor.py
- Go to
http://localhost:4200to view your project. END-POINT type
http://localhost:5000and click SIGN IN.
Getting Twitter Tokens:
- Visit https://apps.twitter.com and "Create new app" to obtain authentication and token codes.
For Suggestions and Contributing :
- For contributors Please add your name below
- Ade Yoseman
- Bambang Kurniawan
- Felex kemboi
- Lojislav Bezimenov
- Rejah Rehim
- Ananthu S
- Notify by Twitter (done)
- Securetea Dashboard / Gui (done)
- Securetea Protection /firewall
- Securetea Antivirus
- Notify by Whatsapp
- Notify by SMS Alerts
- Notify by Line
- Notify by Telegram