OSINT tool to extract info about persons from git repositories: common names, emails, matches between different (as it may seems) accounts.
Run:repos by nickname ./gitcolombo.py --nickname LubyRuffy">
# from any git url ./gitcolombo.py -u https://github.com/Kalanchyovskaia16/newlps # from directory, recursively ./gitcolombo.py -d ./newlps -r # from all GitHub personal/org repos by nickname ./gitcolombo.py --nickname LubyRuffy
verbose persons info
- number of appearences as author/committer
- other persons that person can be
emails used for the same name
different names for the same person
What's the difference between git author and committer?
- author wrote the code (make the patch)
- commiter commit it to the repo (rewrite history, make pull/merge requests...)
Very often developers make inaccurate commits with the one name/email (e.g. work account), then change to the right (e.g. personal account) and make
git commit --amend, but forget to change the author of the commit. This way we can use it for OSINT as match of names/emails from git history.
- Total statistics for repos in a directory
- Check different names for every email
- GitHub support: clone all repos from account/group
- GitHub support: api pagination
- GitHub support: extract links to accounts from commit info
- Exclude "system" accounts (e.g. [email protected])
- Probabilistic graph links based on same names/emails and Levenshtein distance
- Other popular git platforms: Gitlab, Bitbucket and also